With the recent dump of snow, clearing continues to take place throughout the city. Upwards of 13cm of snow has fallen since Sunday afternoon in Brandon with blowing snow expected for today.
Here are some helpful hints to make snow clearing easier on city staff. With our roadways being clear of vehicles, the work of city staff to clear residential areas and arterial routes can happen quicker. Residential street cleaning will begin Thursday, weather permitting.
Some helpful information from the City of Brandon:
Go online to snow operations map, located at snowmap.brandon.ca to see if you reside on a Priority Route (numbered “1” through “6”), or within a Residential Zone (labelled “A” through “G”) and scheduled for plowing.
Watch-for updates online:
-Move vehicle off the street while plows or loaders are working
-Please drive with care and caution around all snow removal equipment
-Please respect the Ticket or Tow downtown no parking zones during snow clearing operations
As a reminder there are provincial roads within Brandon which are provincial jurisdiction and are plowed by the Province of Manitoba:
• 18th Street (all the way from the southern city limits to the northern city limits)
• Victoria Avenue (from 1st Street to the western city limits)
• 1st Street (from Richmond Avenue to the most northerly city limits)
• Richmond Avenue from 18th Street to 65th Street East (PR 344)
• Trans-Canada Highway (#1 Highway)
• Grand Valley Road (PR 459)
• Veterans Way (PR 457)
Thank you very much for your anticipated support as city crews work to make Brandon’s roads safe for motorists and pedestrians.